Open Office Administrator Position
First Parish UU Northborough is looking for an Office Administrator
The Office Administrator reports to and is supervised by the Minister.
The Office Administrator supervises the Custodian.
August 15 through June 15, 15 to 20 hours per week
Summer, 10-12 hours per week
- Daily telephone and email communications. Manage voicemail messaging.
- Produce, print and deliver the Sunday Order of Service, in collaboration with minister, guest speaker or lay-leader. Send upcoming Sunday service description and offertory recipient information to social media, website, and newsletter editors
- Maintain church calendar space use reservations for meetings, events, and rentals. Program the three thermostats in the Parish Hall and the three thermostats in the Meetinghouse each week during heating season relative to space use
- Record deposited church income, and pay bills/invoices, via Quick Books. Work with Treasurer to manage checking account balance.
- Direct payroll company to prepare monthly paychecks for four (4) church employees. Verify reported payroll allocations. Account for salary, benefits, and employer tax payments in Quick Books. Distribute check stubs to employees. Pay Music Director and Childcare staff directly.
- Respond to building rental inquiries. Conduct tours/orientations for potential renters. Create rental contracts for one-time renters. Collect deposits and fees, arrange for key pick up/drop off, check space after rental for damages, return deposits as appropriate.
- Maintain membership and friend lists for email communication, mailings, and annual reporting of membership data to UUA.
- Maintain office equipment and supplies. Purchase janitorial supplies as directed by the Custodian
- Maintain paper and electronic files of important church documents.
- Update Administrator reference manual detailing job tasks.
- Maintain appropriate backup of office computer files and bookkeeping files
- Produce the Congregational Annual Meeting Report in collaboration with the Minister and Governing Board
- Manage facilities routine maintenance with the Custodian. Report non-routine maintenance issues to the Buildings & Grounds Committee.
- Provide support to other staff and leadership as appropriate within weekly time constraints. Undertake special summer projects as determined by the Minister.
Donate to First Parish Northboro when you shop from Amazon
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
If you click on the banner below, it will prompt you to make First Parish Northboro your charity of choice. That way, whenever you need to shop from Amazon in the future, you can use the AmazonSmile website and automatically a percentage of your purchase will be donated by Amazon to our church.